Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Sylvester is in da house

As mentioned in a previous post, Thomas has been whining that Martha "needs" a kitten. Today when I went to clay class all the old ladies there talked of nothing but all the cats they have adopted from the Humane Society. So, I decided to surprise Thomas after he finished working at the FIM this morning with a trip to the shelter to pick out a kitten. He was half excited and half anxious as we went in the door. (He forbade me from making what he called "OOOH!!!" noises but there was no stopping me.) There were two rooms of cats/kittens. Most were older (old people who take in cats then have the gall to die and leave their pets orphans--very rude) but several looked about a year old. There was a set of ginger tabby triplets that I was sorely tempted by. I had the sudden thought that if I could get rid of my "triplet" human housemates I could take all three home with me. We finally found the kittens and this one, named Sylvester (2 months old and already neutered), was entranced with Thomas. Although they have both hissed at each other (briefly) most of the contact between then has involved tail bopping and leaping in the air. We have already lost him three times (each time upstairs in a bedroom). He is unbelievably fast--one second he is under the couch in the living room and the next he is stuck under our bed upstairs.He seems very content to be home here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Hope Thomas is pleased.

xM