Friday, November 7, 2014

From Sheffield back to Bristol

This is the view from the bedroom I stayed in at Jane and Peter's house. Hard to believe it's right on the edge of Sheffield:
And the view out of the window at the top of the stairs.  That's Hangram Lane, that is.
Down the stairs.  Lots of photos.  I hid that big photo (of the four of us kids) when I had my 18th birthday party and invited tons of people.  I think it's obvious why.  But Delia (Matt and Danny's mum) thought it was because I was ashamed to be associated with them.  Ah, good times.
This is the nerve center of Jane/Granny's Skype operations.  I recognized all the books from the background.
Here's Granny, showing off Granny's Garden (just not the ORIGINAL Granny's garden, immortalized in song).  She's wearing the natty jacket that Sally got her, despite the fact that it's SO LURID (i.e., not grey, brown or navy).
The house as seen from the garden:
Some people have ponds that have not been ruined by ducks, I see.
And this is where Granny grows all her top-grade Skunk Weed.  I mean tomatoes and herbs, of course.

Peter refers to this as the "Holy of Holies".  It's the bike shed, of course.
Isn't he tidy?
All the best households are two-bread-machine households.  But this one also has a fat fryer, especially for making doughnuts.
Here we are, magically in the Cotswolds, needing to pee.  This would seem to be the place:
It's no longer spending a penny, it's bankrupting yourself for the sake of your bladder.  And such threats!

2 comments:

The Cushanderingsons said...

You may have to reupload these--they are so large they only show about an 1/8 of the intended photo. They do remind me of the photos Thomas took when he was about 4, closeups of the back of a car seat or a garbage can from the eye-level of someone about 3 1/2' tall.

The Cushanderingsons said...

It's not a question of re-uploading, it's a question of telling it what size to display them. If you click on a photo you'll get the usual think of a slideshow, and they're all the right size. I'll look into it when I'm not in a coffee break between talks. I don't know why it did it differently from the last post, because I didn't think I did anything differently...