Sunday, November 2, 2014

A walk in the mist 3: Castly things

Fortunately the spell in the Soviet past was short, and we move further back into the past.
 I do love a gnarly tree.
 This looks like a cosmonaut, but must just be an airman.  Pretty futuristic looking, though, and right next to the observatory.
 THIS observatory.
 A funicular.  I think it takes you to the castle.  I may have to investigate more if I have time later.
Not THE castle, which is much grander, but castl-ish.
 Dunno what this is, but you can pay to go up it.  As it was so misty (and I had to get back) I didn't try today.  I did try to use the bathrooms (or WC as they call them here, although I'm not sure how you say it) but they demanded money and I figured I could hold it.
 There was a little museum in the basement.
 There are so many splendid buildings that look vaguely abandoned.  I think Czechs spend the money on public transport and healthcare, the crazy bastards.
 There was money for paint on this.
 Who were they trying to keep out?

2 comments:

The Cushanderingsons said...

That wall in the last picture is just the old city wall that once encircled all of Prague (aka Praha). That's why I thought it was around the castle and that, the thing at the top of the hill (which you can get to in the funicular) was the castle--but it isn't. The castle is way on the other side of town-get legging it.

Unknown said...

This bit looks lovely.

xM