Monday, January 30, 2017

Flushing High School

As I may have mentioned, I'm currently teaching a class in a High School in Flushing, a fairly well-to-do suburb of Flint.  Today our class was the only one being taught (it was a holiday for everyone else) so I took the opportunity to take a few pictures without looking like a weirdo in front of gaggles of teenagers.  So come with me, if you will, into the halls and classroom of an American High School:
The cold has set in again, as you can see.  This was actually taken after the end of class as it's barely light when I get there before 8 in the morning.
No, not a scene from The Shining.  And remember: respect yourself!  Even if you're a pimply teen drenched in horrible aftershave.
Here's the view of the classroom I teach in from the door.  Although it's a High School there are pictures on the wall that look like 5 year olds drew them, and the teacher has cluttered up the whole room with nauseating bric a brac.
 Not to mention VERY cheesy platitudes.
Better signage in the hallways:



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Strange atmosphere when empty.

xM