Sunday, May 2, 2010

First Peek III

More downtown. This is the gateway to the Charles Bridge, which is a pedestrian crossing over the river.

One of a dozen or so religious statues lining the bridge walkway. I'll have to read up on it more tomorrow. The place was mobbed with tourists and craft vendors. Here's looking over the side.
Here's the view of the city looking back at where I came from. It's hard to see everything since I am so low; I'll try to get up into the castle tomorrow and get a larger view of the place. It was just starting to rain so the crafters and "artists" were packing it up. This is the Leichtenstein Halle. They were having a free concert and I was bullied by several people to go attend. To the third guy I said, "No thanks," and he asked angrily, "Why NOT?! It's FREE!" I wish I hadn't been up for almost 24 hours straight as I cold do with a bit of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. (Apparently Prague also claims Mozart as one of their own.)

Enough for now. I'm exhausted and have to figure out how I am going to wash my hair tomorrow since my "room" didn't come with shampoo or other toiletries. (It does have a toilet, so I am grateful for that.) Now what time is it? I have to set my alarm somehow...

No comments: