Friday, July 13, 2018

Coop II contd.

Ok, stage 2: time to get the inner walls and floor done.  That isn't an old rag in front of the coop, that's a black chick with white spots.  That's the one that looks more like a guinea fowl than a chicken.
Insulation, to keep their little chicken toes warm in winter.
I had to lay towels down when I was working inside the coop because whenever I went back to the garage to get something (which seemed to happen increasingly as the temps and humidity levels rose during the morning) the chickens would race into the coop and crap in it.  I now know why calling someone a "chicken shit" is really, really insulting: much worse than dog or cat shit.
And there it is, a floor.  Not the final floor, no sirree!  They are going to get flashing on the floor for easy clean up.  (Because crapping is all they do.)

See?  There one is, claiming the entire box as her own.  If they had their way, I'd be making 12 coops, one for each.  

No comments: