I hadn't seen this one before and suddenly it was a real mini-watermelon. I'd guess there are about 15 at this point, from 1/2" to 2" diameter. I believe this is the point that they need a lot of water so I've been watering them in the evenings. Weather.com, now with access to weather balloons only because the powers that be in Washington decided last year that we no longer need to have access to information from weather sattelites, has been reporting a 79% chance of rain every day for the past week and we got nothing. Then, this morning, exactly when it said there was a 0% chance of rain, it started to rain.
I remember when I was growing up people made fun of weather reporters because they were ALWAYS wrong. Then, sometime in the 80s, every rinky dink TV station got access to the "Dopplar Radar" (whatever that is) and the weather reports became the most scientifically reliable part of the news, while everything else turned into entertainment. (In the immortal words of KTLA's Hal Fishman, "I guess that's news.") Now we are back in the 1970s in more ways than one and I don't like it.



No comments:
Post a Comment