Thursday, January 4, 2024

Winter kicks into gear

It felt properly cold for the first time in about a month, and there was the beginnings of ice on the river that we walked by at Atlas Park (see below).  I am gradually steeling myself to the coming ordeal of getting up to teach sleepy teens at 7:40 AM four days a week, and the brutal cold is not going to help.  Today I also went to the optician who informed me that I will probably have to have cataract surgery within "2 to 7 years", which might explain why no light seems bright enough to read these days.  It's not so bad, though, as it will mean I won't need contacts any more, and it turns out they're about to discontinue the only brand I've ever found that I liked, so...

You can tell it's really cold because I'm wearing my EXTRA-warm fleece-lined hat, and we cracked out the gloves for the first time, although I have to take one off to operate the camera (phone) and whenever I do that, Frederick dutifully mimics me.

No comments: