Friday, February 2, 2024

Remembering why we haven't visited Greenpoint more than once

Today was a Cleaners day, when Frederick and I need to clear out of the house for a couple of hours. As he's still recovering from not being at his best, this meant a long drive but a comparatively short walk. A brainwave reminded me that we'd once visited what I called "The For-Mar of Saginaw" which is sort of the other side of Shiawassee Reserve. So off we went! Getting there is about 30 minutes on the freeway and then 15 minutes winding through some, let's say, run-down parts of Saginaw until BAM, there you are. And it's closed.

 But this happened before, and I knew that there was a trail that was open, so we parked by the side of the road (and because of the less-than-salubrious locale, I took my wallet with me) and off we set. And it was basically solid mud. But we missed the cleaners (mostly) at least.













No comments: