Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sights and sounds of Oxford (minus the sounds)

I got home last Thursday, but was having computer problems.  Those are fixed now, so I can post some of the pictures I took wandering around the dreaming spires last week.

I discovered that my camera has some cool effects built in. This one blurs the background so that the car is supposed to look like a toy (part of the blurred background is the Eagle and Child, where Tolkien and C.S. Lewis used to meet and talk about elves):
My old stomping grounds of St. Anne's. The ship mural hideous as ever:
Likewise Rayne and its twin block (Wolfson - the nearer one) (I was in Rayne 5 in my first year, but now they've added two layers of locked doors between the outside and it, so I couldn't get near it. I didn't even lock my door back then, AND you could hop over the back wall, which is now covered with some kind of permanently oily gunk).
I wanted to take a short cut down this street but apparently they were filming. "What?" I asked. "Morse" was the reply. "But I thought he was dead?" "Yes but this is YOUNG Morse." Morse will never be allowed to die: they will milk him like a zombie cow. This one is called "Endeavour" apparently.
The view from the toilets in Blackwells:
Granny and Peter, taking me out for dinner at a charitable restaurant whose name escapes me:
See, there I am (fittingly, I have a lean and hungry look):
I also discovered my camera had an "after dark" feature, so I made use of it on the walk back to Mansfield after saying goodbye to my benefactors:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Some gorgeous photographs! Hope it all went well. We got home yesterday, well sea and sunned. xM