Friday, September 6, 2013

Expensive Car Misadventure

The Sunday before last, my beloved Prius underwent a mishap of a nature that I shall leave unspecified, but that left the front end crumpled. Only yesterday did I get it back, and in the intervening time I had to rent the car below. Now, this was not unpleasant, because it's brand new and had satellite radio, but it turned out that having it for 11 days (longer than necessary, because the body shop sent an estimate to the insurance agency that they balked at and were making noises about investigating until I told them [after "conversations" that ranged from apoplectic to desperate on my part] that it shouldn't include the (old) scrape down the side and should only include the front end, and also because Monday was Labor Day holiday) added up rather alarmingly. However, now I have my car back. Now that I DO have it back, though, I see what Jami was complaining about all this time - it does have a nasty smell! It took 11 days away for my nose to stop ignoring it. Any tips?

1 comment:

Jeremy Cushing said...

There's no remedy for nasty smells in cars - you just have to wait for it to wear off. Reference story about snake and dead frog in Volkswagen