I had been speaking of the mystery vine as a single entity, the parent of this:
But today, on the tendril that is growing up our back fence, I see this--clearly a different type of plant entirely:
This second one looks like a watermelon but is not as the leaves are completely different--it is some sort of squash, but I have no idea what kind. I also saw about a dozen more smaller versions growing near this one. As to the one above, I no longer think it is an acorn squash as it is almost the same size as a fully grown acorn squash and has no color. So now I think it's a white pumpkin--one of those decorative things that get sold here around Halloween. The weird thing is that I have no memory of ever buying one because they have become outrageously expensive in the past 18 months. If only squashes could talk....

No comments:
Post a Comment