Thursday, August 16, 2018

Roof rack!

After splashing out and getting the fuel gauge on my new (to me, actually 2007) Saab 93 fixed (for $350!!!) I couldn't resist splashing out on a roof rack.  I have long harbored the desire to get a kayak for Frederick and me to row around things (or down the Flint River) and now there's nothing stopping me!  (Except my natural miserliness about spending money.)  It will also be useful at the end of the month when the time comes to ferry Thomas and all his worldly goods back to Chicago.
This is the Saab dealership - one of the few remaining in Michigan, and conveniently located next to the nearest Meijer.  The roofrack was apparently one of only 4 left in the US, and made in Poland, apparently, even though all Saabs, including mine, were made in Sweden.  The nice man who attached it said in the good old days all American Saab dealers got flown out to Trondheim and shown the factory, including a hangar under a mountain, and given a massive feast featuring 7 different glasses for 7 different beverages.  That was before GM bought it, GM lost it, the Swedish government bought it, and then sold its assets (but not its name) to a Chinese firm.  So now you know.

No comments: