Saturday, April 19, 2014

Walking Tour Downtown San Diego pt 4

Alongside the active ships and submarines of the US Navy and US Coast Guard are these touristy looking things.This one is called Star of India. The shuttle driver who brought me from the airport to the hotel mentioned that last weekend her niece had a class trip aboard this ship. Apparently, they spent the night and to pay their way, had to work this ship. I don't know what that entailed, but I hope at the very least they captain raised anchor and took the ship out to the middle of the ocean and then required the kids to sail it back to shore.Here. Now I don't have to tell you about it.As I was walking back from the boardwalk to the hotel, I was hit with wave upon wave of the smell of dead fish, scrambled eggs and something I couldn't quite place. Then I noticed the sidewalks were regularly spattered with vomit. I forgot what it is like to live in a place with a high population per square in and very low rainfall. Suddenly don't miss it so much.

No comments: