Thursday, June 12, 2008

Home Alone--with Frederick!

AAAHHHH!! Simon and Thomas left for Anchorage, Alaska a few minutes ago so it's just me and Frederick until Tuesday morning (exactly 113 hours from right now). I'll never make it!!! As they were getting ready to leave I was catatonic with anxiety. (And anyone who can remember me the day of my move from LA to Arkansas will have a fairly good sense of what that is like.) Sure, Emily promised to help out with Frederick a few hours every day, but unless she moves in, her time with him is just a drop in the bucket. It's not that Frederick is bad, it's just that in the past week or so he has invented a dozen new and improved ways to be exhausting. And I'm just too old and feeble to jump on a trampoline for 12 hours a day. AAAHHHH!!

Meanwhile, I planted these poppies in the front yard 5 years ago and this is the first year they have bothered to produce blooms. What gives?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Omigod!!! In so many ways, I can't count them all. Not only is your survival at stake here but what are they doing in ALASKA?

xM

Jami Anderson said...

Simon is presenting a paper at a conference at the University of Alaska-Anchorage tomorrow. Since UM-Flint paid for his flight, food, and hotel, it isn't costing him anything to go. And, since Thomas is a child, he can stay in the room with Simon for free. So it is only costing us Thomas's flight for him to go along. They will have Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning to see the sights.

Unknown said...

Brilliant for Simon and Thomas. It seems you and Frederick survived?

xM