Monday, December 31, 2018

Red scabby patches

For the past couple of years I've had a couple of red scabby patches on my hand.  Well, one was just a dry flaky patch, if we're honest, but the other one was bigger and was like a graze that never healed.  So when I had my yearly physical (mandated by insurance) a few weeks ago I asked about them and the doctor said they could be frozen off if I wanted. It would be the work of a moment, he said.  I could do it now, he said, only I'm not allowed to do it at the physical - you have to schedule another appointment and come back in and pay a co-pay.  American healthcare - the best system in the world!  Anyway, since Winter break is my time for getting stuff burnt off or cut out, I made an appointment.  It was indeed the work of a moment, but it bloody hurt! ("It may sting a little" my arse!)  Not so bad now, but it's supposed to turn into big blood blisters.  I'll keep you posted.

(Was it cancer?  Probably not, but it doesn't matter if you freeze it off, says the doctor.  If only that worked for all my problems.)

As promised, an update (later that same day):

No comments: