Saturday, March 31, 2018

Repainting Thomas's Green Room pt. 2

Now all the holes are patched and there is a lot of plastic hung up to cover the doors and ceiling fan blades.
Simon gets to do the fun part, painting the walls with the new color.  I bought the most expensive paint at Home Depot (living still in 1990, I assumed the paint would cost about $9 a gallon--try $45 a gallon!) and was cheered by the idea that this particular brand/type is guaranteed to come with primer in it, as well as mildewcide AND maximum "hide" which I now know means that it will cover up dark paint in one coat!  Then I picked out my color and the woman working there said, "This is guaranteed to cover in one coat--except this color."  So, thinking of that puke brown/green, I got two gallons.  Then, while I was waiting for the paint to mix the guy behind me bought the same paint--in light dove gray--and then she said, "Oh, it's not guaranteed to be one coat for that color, either."  Are ANY of the colors truly one coat?
Sylvester puts on his work pants and sets to helping.
So far so good...

All the stuff on Thomas's shelves got moved to his blue room.  He can't come home for a few days, at least as there is not one spare inch for him in either of his rooms.
See?  No room for Thomases.

No comments: