Sunday, February 11, 2018

The deconstruction of Thomas's room begins

I really do have Thomas's permission to do this. The fact that he isn't here to stop me is entirely beside the point.

Although I decided to start working in this room right after Thomas left for the start of his semester, I was put off by the fact that (a) it is colder than HECK in his room at this time of yere and (b) I couldn't figure out how to take apart the loft I built many years ago.

After much thinking and no sign of it getting any warmer, I decided to plunge in today.

I have a basic plan for the room (which I will not describe--everyone will just have to wait for the big reveal in a few months--yes, I expect it to take that long), today I way mainly trying to figure out the best way to go at it. The room is VERY SMALL and Thomas does have it packed with just about every single thing he has acquired in his entire life.

I'm no closer to figuring out how to take apart the bed in a non-violent way, so violent it will have to be. Tomorrow, when no one else is at home, I will take a saw to it and cut it to pieces.
I'm not sure why Simon included this picture.  I suppose to show that it really is still winter here.

No comments: