Friday, November 3, 2017

Tyrone Power

As mentioned in an earlier post Frederick requested a Superman costume a few weeks ago. For the first time, the costume was a joint effort, with Simon designing the S logo on the chest while I did the sewing and planning. (I admit I would have put far less care into making the S, thinking just any S would do. Simon made clear that it would NOT.) We were all set for a Halloween party on Monday but Frederick was sick--again! And then Tuesday and Wednesday, both he and Ava were sick. Then yesterday, Ava was still sick. Today, finally, both were healthy and ready for Halloween. F LOVED wearing his costume! The cape flies nicely in the breeze. (Acetate, you know.) Emily is a dalmation and Ava is...I'm not sure. A new sort of super hero from a kids show I don't know about. They practiced flying in Emily's backyard.
Frederick has taken off the costume but wants to keep the eyebrows.

According to two sources, it's the best costume yet.

No comments: