Monday, June 4, 2012

A new Marimba

Thomas needs to practice on the Marimba at home, so, we unlocked the padlock on our wallets and Thomas's percussion teacher located a reasonably-priced (don't ask) second-hand one online, and it turned out to be in New York State. This is actually a pretty easy drive across Canada (I discovered that my passport had expired when the customs guy pointed it out, but my Green Card was okay) so off we set  Here is the delightful accommodation in the delightfully named hamlet of "Calcium" where Thomas and I stayed:
Here is the marimba when broken down for transport (I never thought it would be reassemblable)
A quick nap:
Proof that Calcium is truly a tourist trap (for no obvious reason):
And here is proof that it could be reassembled (by Thomas, no less):

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful. Well worth the trip.

xM