Wednesday, November 21, 2018

X-Mas Jollity Already

Last year Simon and I spent quite a bit of time out in the cold air putting up Christmas lights and ornaments on the outside tree. I thought I was being clever by leaving them there, so that we could just roll right into this winter in style with no effort. However, all the ornaments blew away during the many tornadoes this summer and most the lights were broken by the rainstorms. So, a few days ago I stood in arctic winds and pulled out the dead light strings and hung up new ones. I also put up new giant ornaments (Frederick picked the medium ones out at Home Depot) and tinsel. It looks ok now, but I am sure it will all blow away the first storm we get.
Frederick really likes the purple ornaments.
Indoors, where is it blessedly warmer, we started to set up Christmas art projects from years past.  Frederick really likes nut crackers.  And snow globes.  Let's just say Frederick likes Christmas decorations a LOT.
We haven't started on the tree yet.  I've finally learned that they turn to tinder in seconds inside our house, with the fire going all the time and I am sick of being punctured by needle sharp fir tree needles every time I get near the tree.

No comments: