Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Thomas has been gigging up a storm recently, as part of the music exchange the Flint Institute of Music does with a conservatory in Limonest, France. This year they were visiting (with their stereotypically overexcited Gallic conductor) rather than the other way round. Last week he was in back to back concerts on Friday and Saturday. On Friday, he performed percussion at the Whiting. Jami went to that one. Then on Saturday, a lot of the same kids played a concert at a local high school (Goodrich), only with Thomas Bassooning this time, and it was me manning the video camera. Sadly, the battery ran out before his bassoon solo as part of Stravinsky's Firebird Suite, but I captured MY favourite moment of the concert, selections from Ennio Morricone's magnificent score for Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo. Chills down the spine, I tell ya. I don't know about music, but I know what I like...