Monday, February 6, 2012

Playin' hooky (again)

Frederick's Guardian Angel got food poisoning today, so we kept him out of school and I took him for a walk in Seven Lakes (For-Mar is closed on Mondays, and EVEN I can get too much of For-Mar). It was chilly, but, as has been the pattern this year [feel free to tune out as I witter on about the weather] unseasonably not-brass-monkeys. And there was a bright sun, so it was very pleasant. Here F. inspects the edge of one of the lesser of the seven to see if any break-offable chunks of ice are available for the chewin'.

Frederick tries planking. I haven't the heart to tell him that's so 2011.

A not-entirely-iced-over lake in Michigan in February. Verily, the apocalypse is upon us.

This one was smaller, so you could bounce rocks off the ice. But it was still at best a couple of inches thick.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh - I missed this one somehow. I hope you are all thawed out now...

xM